Ultra Blood Irradiation
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UVB) therapy is also known as photo-oxidation therapy or Photoluminescence. A photo-oxidation (UVB Therapy) treatment consists exposing a sample of the blood to an ultraviolet (UV Ultraviolet "C" Light) light briefly.
UVB therapy is FDA approved. Ultraviolet light has been used as a disinfectant for many years; most contaminated objects can be cleansed rapidly of viruses and bacteria by exposure to this kind of light.
However, the most dramatic effect of ultraviolet irradiation is the stimulation of the immune system and various enzyme systems. Through a mechanism which probably involves increased production of lymphokines, the immune system is activated to "attack" either cancer cells or invading organisms.
Blood (1/2 pint) is withdrawn from the arm using a butterfly needle and tubing. Approximately 200 ml depending on body weight. This same blood is then run through a device which exposes the blood to the controlled ultraviolet rays.
Then, after the blood has been exposed to the light, it is returned to the vein and bloodstream in a closed loop system.
UVB Ultraviolet Therapy (Photo-oxidation therapy) is a biological healing modality utilizing ultraviolet irradiation of the blood (with UV Ultraviolet C light) to produce the following beneficial photochemical reactions:
- Inactivation of toxins
- Destruction and inhibition of growth of bacteria
- Increase in the oxygen-combining power of the blood and oxygen transportation to organs
- Activation of steroid hormones
- Activation of white blood cells
- Immuno-stimulation of cellular and humoral immunity
- Stimulation of fibrinolysis
- Decreased viscosity of blood
- Stimulation of corticosteroid production
- Decreased platelet aggregation
- Improved micro circulation and oxygenation of tissues.
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Increased tolerance of the body towards radiation or chemotherapy
- Cardiovascular protection through increased metabolism of cholesterol, uric acid, and glucose
- Resolution of vascular spasms
- Powerful anti-infection properties
Back to our services »